Employment Opportunity – 2 positions available
Three Forks Farms is mixed organic vegetable, seed and chicken farm. Now in the third year of operation, the 2018 season will include the integration of a 50 person CSA program, selling at two farmers markets, and wholesale to couple of local stores. Three Forks Farms focuses on the production of 45 varieties of vegetables, vegetable seed production and 1300 pasture raised meat chickens. All production is in adherence with the organic standards as Three Forks Farms is certified by Ecocert Canada.
We are seeking 2 full time seasonal employee to work along side with us in the field and at market for the 2018 season.
- physically fit and strong, enjoy manual labour and see the beauty in small scale
- an ability to work in groups with a positive team attitude, AND also able to spend hours alone on a project (ex: weeding, planting)
- able to work under pressure and on tight timelines, in physically demanding conditions
- understand hussle
- comfortable with doing repetitive tasks
- positive attitude, self motivated, flexible, and respond well to feedback
- able to problem solve and create individualized efficiencies as you work
- able to work some weekends
- enjoy music, the outdoors and making life’s moments fun while being productive
Optional additional assets:
- A valid driver’s license and able to drive standard
- Experience working on an organic or ecological farm
- Bi-lingual (Oral French and English)
On farm accommodation/meals available and can be negotiated based on experience.
Salary: $14.5/ hr
Position 1 Term : May 15 to Aug 31
Position 2 Term : May 15 to October 31
On application, please indicate if:
- you were enrolled in full time studies in 2017/2018 academic year and has plans to attend full time studies in the fall of 2018.
- Between the age of 15 to 30
- Be a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident or person to whole refugee protection has been conferred under the IRP act
Deadline for Applications: March 30th
Please send resume and cover letter to eat(at)threeforksfarms.com or mail to:
719 Sutcliffe Rd
We will only be contacting those that have been selected for an interview. Apply any time. We will start interviewing at the beginning of March (so early applications are welcome) and aim to have completed the hiring by March 31st or once the ideal candidate is selected.